The 1170 Gorgas Ave. project is a tenant improvement within the historic Gorgas Rail Warehouse Complex, to be used as financial institution offices. The complex, located within a national park at San Francisco’s Golden Gate, adjacent to Highway 101, was constructed in 1919 and remodeled circa 1940 to feature open interiors, high exposed beam ceilings and ample natural light from windows and skylights. Improvements include an open office, three conference rooms, twelve private offices and support spaces, new lighting, electrical, heating, and ventilation systems, and refinished wooden floors. The space features a custom steel and plaster reception desk with a custom corten steel structure behind it. Materials used include decoustics ash micro perforated acoustic plank wall and ceiling panels, glass partitions, stained oak end caps, and painted gypsum board. All historical wood remained in place, including original wood flooring.